The EU Data Protection Directive of 1995 has been replaced by The General Data Protection Regulation 2016, Its purpose is to protect the "rights and freedoms" of living individuals, and to ensure that personal data is not processed without their knowledge, and, wherever possible, that it is processed with their consent.
At Protein Rich Foods we ensure we meet its requirements under EU GDPR for the management of personal information and ensure our obligations under the law are met.
To comply with the requirements of GDPR Protein Rich Foods will:
• Process personal information only where this is strictly necessary
• Only process relevant and adequate personal information
• Process personal information fairly and lawfully
• Keep all personal information secure
• Maintain an inventory of the categories of personal information that is processed
• Ensure they keep personal information accurate and up to date
• Retain personal information only for as long as is legitimately necessary
• Respect individuals’ rights in relation to their personal information as defined in the GDPR
• Ensure staff with access to personal information to act within the requirements of the GDPR
Protein Rich Foods has notified the Information Commissioner that it is a data controller and/or processor and that it processes personal data. A record of notification to the ICO is retained by the Data Protection Officer and the ICO Notification Handbook is used as the authoritative guidance for notification.
All third parties who have or may have access to personal information will be expected to comply with this policy. All third parties who require access to personal data can only do so following the signing of a confidentiality agreement before access is permitted.
Protein Rich Foods
This document was last updated May, 2020
All information provided on this website is well researched or based on my own experience or my personal opinions and is not intended to constitute medical advice. The overall aim of this site is to encourage people to lead a healthier lifestyle by including healthy sources of protein rich in vitamins and nutrients in their diets as a part of a diverse and well balanced diet.
Copyright © proteinrichfoods.co.uk. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases